The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Eritrea to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva is inviting qualified applicants to apply for the post of Secretary and personal assistant.
Position title: Secretary of the Embassy and Permanent Mission and Personal Assistant to the Head of Mission (Head of Mission in this context includes any person in charge of the Mission)
Duty station: Geneva
Date for entry on duty: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2021
First degree in secretarial science, political or Social Sciences; or Associate degree with a minimum of 7 years experience in related areas.
- Knowledge of English, French, Tigrinya and Arabic is Essential.
- Good command of computer software applications, like Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, with keyboarding of at least 50 wpm is required.
- Candidate must possess good office management skills, excellent public relations and communication skills. Command of any other Eritrean language than those listed above is a plus.
As secretary and or Personal Assistant to the Head of Mission, she/he is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Keep and handle daily schedules for the Head of Mission;
- Handle routine correspondence;
- Assist the Head of Mission in the follow-up of issues.
- Report writing including reports arising out of the multilateral and bilateral diplomatic relations and consular services;
- Perform other assignments given to her/him by the Head of Mission.
Salary: Negotiable based on qualification and experience. (The Embassy and Permanent Mission does not participate in any contribution for this local staff position other than the negotiated salary.)
Duration: This contract of employment comes to an end after the end of every year if not renewed on the 31st of November of each year. The termination or renewal of the coming year does not affect the foregoing contract until the 31st of December of that same year.
Correspondence: Please respond by Email a recent CV and Copy of relevant diplomas including telephone numbers to the Embassy and Permanent Mission of Eritrea to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva, email@example.com or fax to 0041225704732. Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for an interview.