The Permanent Mission of Eritrea to the United Nations is inviting applicants suitably qualified for the post of IT and Receptionist.
Position title: IT management and Receptionist
Duty station: Geneva
Date for entry on duty: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and IT management
- Degree with a minimum of 5-year experience in related areas.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software applications, programing and networking is essential.
- Good command of English, French, Tigrigna is essential. Command of other Eritrean languages than those already listed above is a plus.
- Candidate must possess excellent public relations and communication skills.
Principal duties: As an IT manager and receptionist, he/ she is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Manage the networking system of the Embassy, assume responsibility for programing and security, receive and respond to telephones, Keep and handle daily data base of the Embassy;
- Handle routine correspondence;
- Report writing of his/her own activities;
- Perform other assignments given to her/him by the Head of Mission.
Salary: Negotiable on the basis of qualification and experience. (The Embassy and Permanent Mission does not participate in any contribution for this local staff position other than the negotiated salary.)
Duration: The contract of employment comes to an end after the end of each year if not renewed on the 31st of November of each year. However, the renewal of termination of the contract for the coming year does not affect the current contract until the 31st of December of that same year.
Please respond by email Permanentmission@eritreaembassy.ch or fax your current CV and all related educational certificates, to the Embassy and Permanent Mission of Eritrea to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva, Reu de Lausanne, 80, 1202 Geneva or fax to 0041225704732.
Only qualified short-listed candidates will be acknowledged and invited for an interview.