INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW AND REPLACEMENT PASSPORT APPLICATIONS NEW PASSPORT
- Complete all necessary forms and documents
- Must satisfy all national obligations, including 2% payment from 1992- present
- Eritrean ID card
- For those to be added on to a parent’s passport (Only 3 children can be added) must include copy of birth certificates
- 4 passport size photographs (see specifications below)
- Mother’s Eritrean ID
- Must show old passport to consular representative in your community.
- Old passport must remain with the representative until receipt of new machine readable passport.
- Up on receipt of new machine readable passport, the old passport will show the following:
– “CANCELLED”, Punched with holes, or Cut at top right hand corner.
- Photo size must be 35×45
- Photo must be recent (within one month)
- Must show both ears
- Eyes open, mouth closed and must face the camera
- Eye glasses should be worn if prescribed by a doctor
- Background should be plain white
- Headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes may be worn but should not
- obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Should be clear with no spots, smear or dirt
- Face should look natural with normal lighting